Enhanced Infection Control Procedures
We are excited to announce that Super Kids Austin will re-open on May 6. While we were seeing emergency-only patients, we can now see patients for preventative care and routine treatments too. We’ve been working on a plan to keep us all healthy while providing excellent dental care.
Safety of our patients and team is our top priority. That’s why we’re exceeding current CDC, APA, and AAPD guidelines for health precautions during the pandemic. Here are some of the changes that you’ll see at Super Kids Austin.
Changes for Patients and Families
- Instead of waiting in reception, please wait outside or in your car. Call or text us and we will let you know when it’s time to come in.
- We ask that you please limit the number of people coming in the office to one caregiver and the patient. Anyone planning to enter the office will be pre-screened over the phone.
- Anyone who enters the office will have their temperature taken. If the temperature is 100F or greater, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Also, please wear a mask or face covering, if possible.
- Everyone will sanitize or wash hands before entering or leaving the cleaning and treatment areas.
Changes for the Office
- Our goal is to schedule one family at a time to minimize exposure and will maintain social distancing in the office. Please know that we are reserving time for your child and try to limit last-minute cancellations to emergency situations only.
- We have medical-grade HEPA air filters in the office to purify the air.
- We’ve installed plexiglass at the receptionist desk.
- High touch point areas like doorknob handles are disinfected often throughout the day.
- Our toys, superhero masks and capes, books, and magazines are removed for now.
Changes for Staff
- Each morning we record our temperature and screen for symptoms. Anyone experiencing any symptoms will not be allowed to work. This includes Dr. Asha too! We are working on having backup dentists and assistants just in case. But we will communicate any changes to an appointment as soon as possible.
- Our team will be wearing additional PPE such as disposable gowns and face shields in treatment areas.
As a dental office, infection control has always been important. We are increasing our level of caution to keep our patients, staff, and all our families safe. Please contact us if you have any specific questions or concerns.
Thank you for allowing us to care for your child’s smile!